Friday 11 March 2011

Weekend Pass

Hooray!
Still no sign of the source of the infection, but since my temperature spikes are not severe and my blood counts are good and rising, the docs have decided to run down the number of antibiotics I am currently on in the hope that my own system will continue to deal with whatever the infection is.  If all goes well overnight, and my condition remains stable, I will be allowed to go home late tomorrow morning for both Saturday and Sunday nights.  Hooraaaay!  Then another review at the Monday morning clinic to see how things have gone.

Hickman too has been given a reprieve, his current usefulness being deemed more important than the likelihood that he is the source of the infection.

I cannot exaggerate how keen I am to spend some time at home at last after nearly 4 weeks in a single room. Fingers crossed for all going well tonight.

4 comments:

  1. Great news - Enjoy the time at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall sleep with my fingers, legs (!) and toes crossed. Nothing to do with you - I'm just weird that way ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too hope you get to curl up next to a good woman this weekend... fingers and toes crossed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really hope you're tucked up snug at home. I'm in Scotland and it's SNOWING!
    Lots of love,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete