Monday 21 March 2011

Glimmers of Hope

Had a lovely afternoon on Saturday at the Cottage, sitting in deck chairs enjoying the spring sunshine, me wrapped up in several layers and a woolly hat, Julia making less use of her Arctic wardrobe.  No sickness either, unlike the previous week.  By such small, slow advances do I measure my life at the moment.

Another positive sign over the last few days is that my average temperature is gradually reducing.  They measure it six times a day.  There are a few 38+s still, but quite a few low 37s and today a 37 spot on.  I feel a bit better today too.

However, these things are never straightforward and I was kept awake for quite a bit of last night by a Sore Froat and a Sore Back, which I guess is finally protesting at all that time I spend lying down, though I try and vary the position as much as poss.

Still no useful results from any of the tests I've had, but I'm hoping that the temp will come under control before they start the test cycle all over again from the beginning!

Keep pulling, Team, and thank you all for your comments, emails and vibes.  They mean a lot to me.

11 comments:

  1. I am so pleased to hear you had a good day out in the sunshine - albeit wrapped up like an eskimo... but I'm also so pleased for Julia too - to have you out for a much deserved, deck chair happy day. Boring about the sore back... would the electric chair help?
    We had our own freedom seekers here early this morning - sounded like a herd of buffalos - but no, just a load of escaped cows in my garden, leaving large presents all over the lawn! Is that lucky like bird doo doos? If it is, I'll send it on to you - that's just the luck- nothing else! Hug for you both, Jox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take that as half full, so good. Dixie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely more than a glimmer it seems to me and glad Gingerbread Cottage equipped with deck chairs now that Spring has sprung. Roll on your next trip out and lots of love, Fi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great that you got out and that there have been glimmers of improvement. Good luck with the temperatures, Patrick. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done you! We're all with you every step of the way.
    Caroline xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well the sun and contact with nature are great healers P, hope you can get more of it soon so you can feel the warmth, smell the air and hear the birdsong. You will draw more strength from the advance of spring and that will enable you to draw more strength from within yourself to help you further on your journey to full recovery. Be patient. Much love from H and I. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you might be ready for a bit canoeing in the a couple of weeks - but the Medway may not be biologically secure for you or anyone else for that matter!!!! Perhaps the best bet is to distract your from the sore back by bringing the brass band to play outside your room a la Brassed Off. On second thoughts we want you to get better...

    You seem to be making progress

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear there is positive progress even if in tiny increments. Have told the boys-they are pleased too and often talk about you.

    Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a very encouraging post Patrick - fingers crossed for continuing improvements (and more sun!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Pakit, good to hear that things are improving (and hopefully still are). I hope it was nice getting to see Mamma x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patrick,

    Stop lazing about!! I know you ... you love lying about in bed, making Julia do all the hard work - ha ha!

    ahh just kidding, trying to make you laugh...

    It's been a week since your last post... any news? have you worked out some exercises to do whilst lying down that may help ease the back pain?

    To update you... we had our engagement party here in Mombasa on saturday - was fab! And I'm finally feeling alive again after 3 months of morning sickness, which sucked. I also have a small bump - well I look a bit fat to the uninformed.

    I hope you got the invite. I have presumed you wont make it, and thought it would be easier if I came to see you instead when we're in London -am there for 3 weeks so will have time for sure.

    Take care and love to Julia,

    Love Katy
    p.s. it took a whie to work out how to post this comment!

    ReplyDelete