Wednesday 23 February 2011

Spiking

Spiking
Temperature started to rise today, a sign that I have an infection.
No other symptoms happily, but this is what they call Spiking, when an internal infection takes advantage of the lack of a police force to run riot and the temperature spikes.  I've got my own little North African scenario going on inside me here.  Perhaps we can see the new Stem Cells as the New Democrats, and the infection as the Desperate Dictators clinging to power.

Anyway, the staff here have been waiting patiently (geddit?) for this moment, so within an hour of my temperature reaching 38.2 (not exactly outrageously high, but they like to catch any infection early, given the lack of internal controls), I had been examined by a (rather gorgeous) young blonde doctor (it was hell, but at least she found no symptoms - and I managed not to dribble in front of her), had a chest x-ray, donated blood and other less savoury samples, and been injected with enough antibiotics to clear Tripoli in a single sweep.

An Opportunistic
Infection

Hence by 7 pm, when you were generously sending Loving Vibes in this direction, I was plugged in to the drips and complementing your treatment with a dose of the Marsden's finest.

Good timing or what?!

We'll see tomorrow morning whether the Dictator is going to hang on "to the last drop of blood" or whether he'll scarper to Saudi Arabia after all.  Or will the New Democrats string him up?  Such suspense.....

9 comments:

  1. Out with the Dictators - thats what I say - sorry Patrick you had spaced out vibes tonight - I was not with you at 7pm tonight but a lttle later - so I like to think of myself as the dessert course of vibes...
    More soon -
    Annex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant blog, especially for someone severely spiked! Mr.Patrick, you is indeed amazing...Dixie's right. Wondering whether I might try branching out and directing my lasers to do some more traditional zapping work on the Desperate Dictators. On the other hand, perhaps I'll stick to Lasers of Lurv. They were doing fine. And if I were to get my intent in a muddle, the consequences could be devastating. The thought of misguiding a Laser of Lurv towards a Desp Dict in error does not bear thinking about. Tho I see you generously chose a picture of Col.G before his face melted. Rest and sleep well, YELS xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great metaphor. All power to the New Democrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This people/stem cell scenario has a great passion that I like. Push the old terrible regime into nothingness..... holding it in my mind. YSWF x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Patrigypt, I support the New Democrats as well!! Dictators will leave, that's for sure!
    As Allied Powers, we still have the fearless power of Love and Intent. I take my chance here to remind all followers to visualize a VICTORY at 7 pm GMT every evening and if possible more often any other time of the day, as long as needed. And please don't forget to bring with it a feeling of gratefulness and happiness about this glorious outcome! (Is a strong steering principle, see also comment on Saturday)
    Warm greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luisa, you've certainly started something here. Btw had to smile yday with you in mind cos there was a fashion supplement in The Times entitled 'The Devil wears Chihuahua'!

    Jo, being a bit thick, have been puzzling over YSWF. Your Stunning Wife's Friend? Your Spouse's Walking Friend? I'm sure you worked it out, but just in case, Sally's YELS is Your Ever-Loving Sister.

    All, many thanks again for your comments. Makes this Boggling business so much more fun! I did also rather enjoy calling Gaddafi an Infection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh btw, temp down to 37.1 this morning and nurse thinks Colonel Infection may be on the run. Or is he just in hiding, biding his time for another shot at the New Dems? On verra. Anyway, feeling much better today.
    Nearly forgot the Primary Porpoise of this blog. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ho, ho, ho! Nearly! It was 'Your Slow Walking Friend', because I am rather slow, but your version would have been fine! I hoped that would make you a bit puzzled... I thought you might have plumped for something to do with Slow Worms! Very glad you're feeling better. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant. That's the first skirmish out of the way. YSWF: You Should Wear a Fez? Your Soldiers Won't Fail?

    ReplyDelete