Monday 28 February 2011

Progress?

No signs of the awaited GvHD yet, but equally important, have found that one of the Registrars and the Ward Sister are in sympathy and agreement with my diagnosis of headaches and sickness being largely, if not entirely, due to overdosing on Cyclosporine.  V important drug in controlling GvHD (which can be v nasty if left to its own devices) so no question of dumping it, but will be monitoring the blood levels much more closely in the immediate future and adjusting the dosage accordingly.

Feeling better already at the prospect!
And of course thanks to your lasers, which are no doubt pinging around my room like Pingy Things even as I write.
No headache and much reduced nausea today.
Hooray!

Hope to be up to a longer post soon, but meanwhile here's another of my favourite jokes to keep you amused till I return with more Boring Stuff:

A man went to a Fancy Dress Party, carrying his girlfriend on his back.
"What have you come as?", asked another Partygoer.
"I'm a Snail," he replied.
"Then who's she?" asked the Partygoer, pointing at the girl on his back.
"Oh, that's Michelle".

3 comments:

  1. Great to hear your progress and that the docs are on the case. Not to mention Michelle on the back. Keep'em coming, buddy! :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. This evening you and Julia were sitting in deck chairs in the sun on the lawn at Conv Cott, followed by a game of croquet....and all that without a glass ball....glad to hear you're feeling a little less sick and zorsted. YELS xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking through this how extraordinary the medical profession are - micro controlling little cells.
    I know you've really been feeling sick and anything that's going on with me is on a whole other scale, but I was feeling rather sick earlier as I had to have a VAT inspection.... these things always make me feel ill... all is OK, thank goodness. But what made me laugh is... I rang up a friend afterwards to celebrate it being done and he thought I said I'd had a bat infestation!
    Very glad you've been feeling a little better... onwards and upwards.
    I do have bats living here of course, as well as all the other critters!
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete