Wednesday 2 February 2011

Radioactive Pincushion

In the Marsden again today for heart and kidney tests to make sure my system can take the stress of the Transplant.  Scanned, blood-tested and injected, not necessarily in that order.  Six needles in all during the day, which is definitely my record.  The most interesting was an injection of radioactive tracer which they then followed through my heart and kidneys.  I have been advised to "avoid prolonged close contact with children for the rest of the day to prevent exposing them to unnecessary radiation".  Julia will be watching closely to see whether I glow in the dark when we turn the lights out tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Did they send you to a special loo as well so your radioactive pee didn't contaminate urinal man?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't think of that. The sewer rats of Sutton are probably growing extra heads even now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe. So that explains it ...

    ReplyDelete