Monday 9 July 2012

Lettuce pray

Just got back from the regular Monday Marsden clinic visit, combined with visit to Sutton Eye hospital (handily next door) for check-up.

And I'm delighted to say that not only are all my blood counts moving in the right direction, but the Eye Doc professed herself v pleased with progress as well. As indeed am I!  Big Improvement in the last few days on the eye front and it's so good to be able to see clearly again, even though they still get tired and irritable towards the end of the day. But then don't we all?

And most of the time I feel a lot less like a Wilted Lettuce than previously.
Not only is this good news for me, but also for poor Julia, who has continued to support me so ably and selflessly through thick and thin, Cos she is a Little Gem (sorry, couldn't resist it). And I say again: I could not have done it without her. She is truly amazing. Here she is making good use of an alternative salad ingredient.





So both today's appointments confirmed what I've been feeling myself recently, namely that I may have Turned a Corner, although I hesitate to tempt Providence by saying so. We shall see, but the signs are all pointing in that direction.
Lettuce hope so...

5 comments:

  1. 'Matchless' she is! All vg news. Keep it up, 'Cos' we love you both. From the 'Romaine (almost!) hearts'. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A veritable salad of positive thoughts coming through... may your lettuce be crisp, your tomatoes sweet, your radishes firm, your avocado ripe, your dressing with balsamic, and all with a little something extra of surprising deliciousness.
    At junior school, we had morning prayers led by the headmaster. My brother, aged 4, thought he was saying 'Lettuce Spray'. 2 years later when I went, I thought he was saying 'Edisbury'. I had no idea why he was saying this (a non church going family), but I knew that at 'Edisbury' I had to bow my head. So, once again, I'm saying 'Edisbury' and 'Lettuce Spray'.
    And yes, I do have one of those kind of garages.... the car lives on the drive, the bunnies with the mower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for your additions to my Terrible Pun collection.
    Much appreciated.
    Broadening the Lettuce theme slightly, I have updated the blog with a picture of Julia the Magnificent making appropriate use of another popular salad item...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enough punning already, Patrick. Salad will never be the same. Really glad to hear you've made some progress and hope it is maintained. We think of you often.

    ReplyDelete