Sunday 22 July 2012

Allez, Wiggo!

All hail the incomparable Bradley Wiggins!
First ever British winner of the Tour de France in its 110 year history (99 tours cos of the war years).
And his teammates Chris Froome who came second, and Mark Cavendish, Super Sprinter.
Let's hope they can all recover in time for the Olympics.
British cycling is on a high and the medals are theirs for the taking... 
But enough of jingoism, what about me me me?
Er, nothing much to report actually.
I'm still at home and I'm still improving slowly sloooowly, as ever.
Which is also an apt description of my walking speed.

In fact my condition has improved to the point at which Julia felt she could entrust my overnight care to someone else, in the person of Dixie on this occasion, to whom many thanks are due for stepping in and giving Julia the opportunity to spend an evening and night with her Walking Buddies in Sussex. Dixie and I had a very nice evening together, though with less alcohol consumption than Julia's, I suspect, and happily there were no overnight crises to be dealt with.

Not quite up to a Tour de France yet, but still heading in the right direction.

2 comments:

  1. All excellent news: about the otters, you and Westminster Abbey. Keep climbing the rope as we haul - slow as we are. YELS xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meanwhile that bearded man has made 350 runs and counting against the Brits on your doorstep. I afraid your sudden interest in French cycling races is mere displacement activity. Something the whole nation will have to do a great deal more of over the Olympics. xxx The Truth Teller

    ReplyDelete