Saturday 12 May 2012

Both Barrels

Discharged twice in one day yesterday!
A Right and Left, as they say on the grouse moor.



First, I was successfully released from the Marsden in Sutton on schedule at about 1030 a.m. with a couple of bags of belongings and a Handsome Collection of drugs, equivalent to the contents of several medicine cabinets. I walked out (with sticks). The drugs had their own wheelchair. Julia did a magnificent job of sorting them all out and producing a new Drug Chart when we got home. There are no fewer than 16 different varieties at the moment.

Then Julia and I came home via an appointment at the ENT department at the Marsden in Fulham to follow up on the operation I had some weeks ago there to remove a polyp from my sinuses. And there they discharged me from the clinic too, happy with my progress since the op and content not to see me again unless I feel the need, which we hope will be never.

Clearly this is all very encouraging, though of course no poultry is being counted for a little while yet. For a kick-off, I am still Matchstick Man, having lost plenty of weight, particularly in the last few weeks.



So filling out this Bag of Bones is one of my short-term priorities, along with steering clear of new infections, regaining a bit of physical strength and mobility, and encouraging recovery in my eyes, mouth and nose. Not to mention gradually weaning myself off the high drug count and assisting my own immune system to do its job properly once more. Plenty to be getting on with then...

And, boy, am I glad to be home again!
And at the start of a weekend as well.
Julia appears reasonably pleased too....

5 comments:

  1. A double discharge usually involves more hospital investigations...glad you've escaped again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Very good, Bobby.
      A sharp wit to go with those handsome simian features.
      Hey! But what happened to the gorilla?

      Delete
  2. Welcome home posh boy wot shoots Dixie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you're not that much of a grouse, Dixie...

    ReplyDelete